Rebuilds needed for Fedora 8

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Aug 21 17:13:50 UTC 2007

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:08:58 -0500
Josh Boyer <jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org> wrote:

> Because what if the maintainer has changes they're working on that
> they want to get in and build?  Automating would basically mean that
> package gets built twice, instead of once.
>
> There are other reasons as well.  Looking for absent maintainers, etc.

And automation ties up the entire package set until all the builds are
done, preventing a maintainer to go beyond the automated build until
that build finishes which could take days.  Plus as stated other places
there are still a very large number of packages that have improper
License tags in specs so those really could get updated at the same
time as the maintainer driven build, to prevent further spurious builds.

--
Jesse Keating