Idea: easier transition for newcomers from other DEs/OSes

roopesh majeti roopesh.majeti at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 17:35:50 UTC 2007

Marin,

Its a good idea. But i agree to your idea to some extent.

Guess copyright problems come up if you use the captions, which other OS
uses.

The following is my thought ( anybody can contradict if its wrong ).

1) We can have a similar screen of login like windows ( take Xp as example
). But the captions should be winky/eye-catching.
2) Make the applications more user friendly and configurable ( i would say
that current fedora settings are 60-65% only user friendly ).

3) Develop up codecs/libs that are available to make the
appearance/applications more user-friendly.

4) Desktop short-cuts has to be improved.

The above are my thoughts. These are just ideas. Anybody can
suggest/improve/contradict my thoughts :)

Coming to the utility, yes, it will be good, if we come up with some
application which can be used to set the 1),2),3),4) and set it as boot-up.

Regards,
Roopesh.