@FESCO: EPEL Steering Committee's mandate is expiring -- how to move on?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Sun Aug 26 18:20:48 UTC 2007

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 15:42:11 +0200
Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> The EPEL Steering Committee's mandate for leading EPEL was time-limited
> by FESCo until end of September this year. Well, we are getting closer
> to that date now, so we IMHO should start to discuss how to move on.
>
> So if you are a EPEL contributor: what do you want? Do you want to elect
> a EPEL Steering Committee? Do you want a bigger or a smaller one? Do you
> want to get rid of it?
>
> If you are a member of the new FESCo: What do you guys want? Just extend
> the mandate by another six months or maybe a whole year? Or get rid or
> EPEL and make it a real project independently running and managed from
> FESCo (which it does mostly already)?

My opinion:  extend the mandate by a year.  I prefer this over making
it an independent project at the moment because I don't see much
benefit in making it a completely separate project, and I would like to
see the commonality between Fedora and EPEL continue.

Or, in other words, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

NOTE: The above is solely my opinion.  I do not speak for FESCo, or
Fedora, or EPEL, or your mom.

josh