Fedora i386 rawhide rebuild in mock status 2007-08-25

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Sun Aug 26 23:56:33 UTC 2007

On Sun, Aug 26, 2007 at 11:45:16PM +0200, Till Maas wrote:
> On Sa August 25 2007, Matt Domsch wrote:
>
> > Subject: Fedora i386 rawhide rebuild in mock status 2007-08-25
>
> > Note: all built using rawhide as of Monday, August 19; changes to
> > rawhide since then are not reflected below.
>
> Imho there would be less confusion, when you use the date when you started the
> rebuild in the subject instead of the date when it finished.

I can think about doing this.

> Or maybe rebuild
> all packages, that failed to build, when they have a more recent version
> available. Maybe this can reduce the gap between the starting and finishing
> the rebuild good enough.

I did a fresh complete rebuild from last Monday's rawhide to be sure
everything got rebuilt with the new buildid code path.  However, even
on 7 fast builders, it takes several days to build 4660 packages * 2
architectures.  I believe all the toolchain changes are now complete,
such that I can just do rebuilds of failed builds for the rest of the
Fedora 8 cycle.  That takes less than a day, it's only a little over
600 packages at this point.

I would like to see Fedora implement a hard deadline, such as Test 1,
for all toolchain changes to be complete, so that all builds that
happen post-Test1 will be built with the new toolchain.  I know that's
been the goal of releng, but I'd like to see that formalized as well.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch