java pluign (jre) in firefox

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Wed Aug 29 05:35:29 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 16:51 -0300, TEOTONIO wrote:
> Howto I need to make a package java-plugin to firefox - Fedora 7?

Teotonto,

Currently java is in flux in Fedora 7.  Earlier versions of Fedora
including 7 used a GCC based version of java since sun's Java couldn't
be included in Fedora due to licensing reasons.

You can download java from Sun (or other places) and install it if you
wish to solve your problems with regard to JRE in Fedora.

go to: http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Due to licensing changes to Sun's Java, it's likely that it will be
included in Fedora in the future, although I'm not sure when it will
appear.

Hope this helps

R.
 It's much better on my side"