Freddie Rosario frosario777 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 05:54:48 UTC 2007

How about "El Morro"? El Morro was San Juan, Puerto Rico's main military
fortification throughout much the island's military history. At one point
during the Anglo-Spanish war, the English set San Juan on fire and they
still could not capture San Juan because of the protection that El Morro
provided the Spanish.

This could represent the many new technologies that Fedora has and is
incorporating to secure our distro. From virtualization to selinux and talk
of unifying our crypto support, it sounds like we have a distro that can
withstand some heavy attacks and still be secure.

Reference:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_Puerto_Rico#The_English

On 8/21/07, Mike Cohler <mike.cohler at gmail.com> wrote:

> >On Thu, 16 Aug 2007, Matej Cepl wrote:
> >I still think F8 should be called "Underline".
>
> There is a nice chinese word "Moutai" which refers to a clear liqueur
> but sounds almost the same as a Zulu word "muti" which refers to
> medicine, but the word comes from the Zulu for "tree"... and the
> Fedora tree of development would fit nicely into this thread, and has
> international links as Fedora does!
>
> So moutai is a suggestion for F8 if this is still being discussed?
>
> --
>
> mike cohler
>
> --

--Freddie