util-linux missing from build root

Karel Zak kzak at redhat.com
Thu Aug 30 11:20:23 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 10:34:15AM +0200, Florian La Roche wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 10:10:48PM +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 03:01:28PM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> > >>
> > > Sounds fine to me, I like gawk :)  Anyone care to own this and take it to
> > > the FESCo?
> >
> > I have just sent a mail proposing to add
> > cpp binutils file findutils gawk glibc-devel grep libstdc++-devel mktemp
> > util-linux which
>
> This list looks good. +1.

according to:

http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/standards.html#Utilities-in-Makefiles

    7.2.2 Utilities in Makefiles

    Write the Makefile commands (and any shell scripts, such as configure)
    to run in sh, not in csh. Don't use any special features of ksh or
    bash.

    The configure script and the Makefile rules for building and
    installation should not use any utilities directly except these:

        cat cmp cp diff echo egrep expr false grep install-info
        ln ls mkdir mv pwd rm rmdir sed sleep sort tar test touch
        true

we also need the "info" package (install-info binary).

        Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak at redhat.com>