Proposed changes to buildsys-build group (otherwise known as the Exceptions list)

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Fri Aug 31 09:00:56 UTC 2007

On Fr August 31 2007, Jesse Keating wrote:

> Please respond with your comments / questions.  I'd like to make these
> changes as soon as possible to avoid more churn in spec files.

I do not really care, what is wanted in the buildsys-build group, but imho we
should revive the full exception list (all packages that are dependencies of
the buildsys-build group) and add them to buildsys-build group. Then once
every in every Fedora release development cycle check, whether the full
exception list changed (i.e. more or less packages are being installed as
dependencies for the minimal packages) and then adjust the buildsys-build
group and announce this in fedora-devel-announce. Otherwise it is not really
possible to make sure that every BR is really in the spec with a rebuild in
mock.

Regards,
Till