gtksourceview-sharp packaging problem

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Mon Dec 17 13:20:12 UTC 2007

On 12/17/2007 01:25 AM, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've hit a snag when packaging a newer version of gtksourceview-sharp.
>
> The package name is currently incorrect and it should really be
> gtksourceview-sharp-2.0-0.10-25 (or as it is now 2.0-0.11-1). The
> problem is that you can't have a - sign as part of the version.
>
> Currently, the hack used is to define extra as 0.10 and then setup -q -n
> to set up the directories. This is wrong, but I'm not sure how to get
> the package name correct.
>
> Is there a way to glob the bits together to create the correct name?

An "easy" fix might be to rename the package to gtksourceview-sharp2,
like we do for gtk-sharp2 and gecko-sharp2 which have similar issues.
It should be noted that the "2.0" is actually closer to part of the
package name itself than part of the package version.  It works with the
2.0 version of gtksourceview (or at least that's what it connotes to me,
but looks like our gtksourceview-sharp package still builds against the
1.x version of it...hm...)