Delays in package processing

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Dec 21 14:30:18 UTC 2007

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 15:17:18 +0100
Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:

> > I tend to agree.  Then again, I'm in the position of doing all the
> > pushes so I have a unique view upon it.  But it feels to me that
> > packagers are all too eager to just release anything and everything
> > across the releases, without regard to a 'stable release'.
> It won't surprise you that I can't avoid to disagree vehemently. What
> you call "eager" in many cases is "bug-fixing across distros".

Ralf, please don't confuse these things.  I'm perfectly fine and
encourage bugfixing across releases.  What I'm discouraging is version
upgrades for new features or spurious builds for spec fixes and other
unnecessary things that are done across the releases trees, not just on
rawhide.  These are the things that I don't like to see, and these are
the things that lessen the value of a release.

--
Jesse Keating