Yum broke in transaction, how to restore system?

Linus Walleij triad at df.lth.se
Sat Dec 22 12:37:57 UTC 2007

I had yum breaking in the middle of a transaction yesterday (kernel post
scriptlet failed) so now some packages were installed but no "clean up"
was done.

Is there some archaic way of resolving this and run just the cleanups
post-mortem? I never understood this quite, and yum manpage is not very
helpful to unexpected situations...

Actually this happening so seldom is an indication of how good yum
actually is, so me not knowing the answer already is a GoodThing(TM).

Linus