Putting K3b back onto the DVDs?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Dec 29 00:26:20 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating <jkeating <at> redhat.com> writes:
> I care when it looks like ass compared to the other apps I have open,

That's what Bluecurve is for. ;-)

We'd love having a Nodoka theme available for KDE too, but we're fairly busy
already, so there isn't one yet. (We just didn't have the time to work on one.)
Thus Bluecurve (and Quarticurve for Qt 4) is the best we can offer for a
unified look.

I also disagree with the assertion that Plastik "looks like ass". ;-) It just
looks different (and that's the main problem we have to solve, I think moving
away from Bluecurve was a mistake).

> doesn't use my font settings,

I agree our community (especially the upstream projects) needs to work on not
having to set up everything twice though. (But setting the fonts the same way
in both environments is possible, of course.)

> doesn't use the same file selector

That's because it uses a better one. ;-)

More seriously, there are solutions being worked on for the standard dialog
(especially file selector) issue at freedesktop.org and elsewhere,
unfortunately nothing which got widespread adoption yet. :-(

But surely having to write every single application twice, once with each
toolkit, is not the real solution!

        Kevin Kofler (comaintaining KDE as well as the GTK+-based XChat and
using XChat on KDE all the time)

PS: All this is not a reason not to offer K3b as an option on the DVD. I'm not
asking for it to be installed by default, just to be there!