Smolt: Fedora Hardware Profiler

Brent brent at brentnorris.net
Thu Feb 1 20:06:38 UTC 2007

Michael Wiktowy wrote:
> On 1/31/07, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Current stats can be found at:
>>
>> http://smolt.fedoraproject.org/stats
>>
>> You can have your machine send its stats by installing smolt with yum
>> and typing "smoltSendProfile"
>
> Is there any mechanism in place to prevent bogus profiles being
> submitted?
When this was said, I got the image of some company padding the
submitted profiles, so they could then say, "Look the number of people
using our hardware is > than the number of people using their hardware!"
and then trying to leverage that to some effect.  Crazy, but there are
people that hire people to go and edit Wikipedia into their favor.

Brent