Default MTA for Fedora 7

Eric Wood eric at interplas.com
Sun Feb 4 00:20:12 UTC 2007

Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> Simply get upstream to rename it to pfx.

The bigger issues is to why so many package have "sendmail", "postfix",
or "exim" hardcoded in their binaries.  A simple 'strings' command can
tell us what package have these potential system calls embedded in their
binaries:

Of course I have a sendmail centric installation, and someone out there
probably has a distro wide CVS search for dependencies.  Besides, this
simple search may be yeild a few false positives.  Regardless, upstream
packages should get more generic on their MTA of choice.  But this
proves to me the importance of sendmail of the other MTAs.

strings for 'sendmail':

anacron-2.3-44.fc6
at-3.1.8-84.fc6
authconfig-gtk-5.3.12-1.fc6