Announcing repoman - PyGTK yum repo manager

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Mon Feb 5 06:56:11 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 00:03 -0500, David Cantrell wrote:
> python setup.py install
> --root=/var/tmp/repoman-0.4-1.fc7-root-brewbuilder
> running install
> error: invalid Python installation: unable to open /usr/lib/python2.5/config/Makefile (No such file or directory)
>
> It does work on rawhide though.

Hmm. According to repoquery, that file is part of the python-devel
package in development/FC7, so you should add python-devel as a
BuildRequires to your spec to fix this.

Actually, I see a couple of other things that may need fixing in the
spec file if you would be so kind for the next EVR bump. :]

      * Source0 should be a fully-qualified URI using macros if
        appropriate (i.e.,
        http://example.com/sources/%{name}-%{version}.tar.gz)
      * You don't need to set %debug_package to %nil, since having the
        package build as noarch makes rpmbuild automagically not do any
        of the normal debuginfo stripping.
      * Instead of hardcoding "%{_libdir}/python?.?/site-packages/" into
        your %files section, you should instead define the %
        python_sitelib macro and use that in your %files. (See the
        Packaging/Python page on the wiki for more information.)

Does this BuildRequires fix it?
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42) / FSF Associate Member #5015
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479