Creating a jackuser group

Anthony Green green at redhat.com
Tue Feb 6 21:38:59 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 15:12 -0500, Warren Togami wrote:
> Where do we draw the line between add-on software that should have a
> default user or group, and packages that have to create their own?

If it were just creating the group, then it most likely makes sense to
manage that in the add-on package.

However, in this case it's more than just creating the group.  We need
special bits in /etc/security/limits.conf as well.  AFAIK there are no
special tools or standard practices for manipulating this file at %post*
time, which is why we have the suggestion of pre-configuring this in the
base install.

AG