Creating a jackuser group

Anthony Green green at redhat.com
Wed Feb 7 23:10:42 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 13:11 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> How on earth can this be considered a good user experience?

It's a major incremental improvement over the current state of affairs,
which is: nothing works unless you manage to find, read, and follow the
instructions
in /usr/share/doc/jack-audio-connection-kit-0.102.20/README.Fedora

>  Please don't
> bother the user with such questions; fix the base system instead and
> please do this without having secret UNIX groups that one has to be part
> of. It's just _broken_ using group membership for such things. Thanks.

I can't think of a better solution and I don't think that automatically
granting permission to console users is a workable suggestion.

AG