Wakeup alarm?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Feb 10 15:04:51 UTC 2007

dragoran wrote:
> a better solution is to speed up the depsolving process somehow.
> maybe doing it with a plugin which is written in C like the metadata
> parser would help?

The dependency resolving is done via RPM for the most part. The yum
hackfest in FUDCon Boston 2007 recently was focused on generating and
using the sqllite backend directly and fall back to parsing the metadata
from XML only when the database content is outdated. That I heard has
resulted in substantial performance boost. That along with a patch to
use queries more effectively should make things better soon enough.

https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/yum-devel/2006-December/002970.html
https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/yum-devel/2007-January/003071.html

Rahul