Why is redhat-artwork multi-lib?

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Mon Feb 12 15:29:15 UTC 2007

seth vidal wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 10:14 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>
>> seth vidal wrote:
>>
>>> okay, But now that multilib is an issue is it possible to un-do this so
>>> it can be a nice noarch pkg?
>>>

>> Reorganizing the artwork packages has been on our TODO list for some
>> time, we just haven't gotten
>> around to it yet.
>>

> Is there anything specific and difficult about it? Could one of the
> community contributors who has an interest in it take a whack at it?

I don't think it is particularly difficult, but there are a number of
constraints (like
keeping all trademarked logos in a separate package). What we need
before making
any decisions here is a summary of the current situation (what "artwork"
packages
do we have, how do they interact, also wrt to derived distributions,
etc) and a list
of goals for a reorganization. I'm sure interested community members can
take a
whack at that.