simplistic questions about core/extras merge

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Feb 12 16:42:59 UTC 2007

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:52:23 +0100
j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl ("Goede, J.W.R. de") wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:04:59 +0100
>  Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:

> > enough time
> > >

> > > +1
> > +1
> >
> > Open up Core for community collaboration and
> > co-maintenance!
> >

> I'm glad people agree, now it would really help if people
> would stop asking @redhat.com people to open-up as if this
> is a unilateral thing, things need to come from two side
> both from the @redhat.com people and from us.

Agreed.

> Hence I would like to see other FE contributers to join my
> offer to help out @redhat.com with specific bz id's or
> specific packages which which the @redhat.com people feel
> comfortable opening up / could really use help with.

I would be happy to do so as well... In particular with most of the
core merge reviews I have done, since they are packages I use every day
and understand pretty well. Feel free to contact me via email...

Also, I see some core packages (xfsprogs comes to mind) where the
maintainer asked for someone more interested in the package to step
forward to maintain. I think thats great, as someone who uses/is more
interested in a package will be able to give it more attention.

> Regards,
>
> Hans

kevin