Problem running SWT apps on Sun JVM on Fedora 7?

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Mon Feb 12 20:20:48 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-02-10 at 21:25 -0500, Michel Salim wrote:
> SWT applications (Eclipse, Azureus) runs fine against Sun JDK 6 on
> Fedora Core 6; on Fedora 7, however, all of them produces a SIGSEGV
> with the last native frame being libgobject-2.0.so.0. The last frame
> on the Java stack is org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS._gtk_init_check

Actually I'm seeing this on FC6 as well. However, only on x86_64. x86_64
Sun java, and x86_64 fedora packages. My i386 box works fine with the
same (but 32bit) configuration. I tried using the same i386 Sun JVM and
i386 Fedora packages (including Azureus) on the x86_64 box, but that
didn't work either. Confusing. I might have missed something though...