Fedora 7 media sets

Joachim Frieben jfrieben at gmx.de
Thu Feb 15 17:25:45 UTC 2007

> > The example of "Fedora Unity" already shows that your suggestion is far
> fetched and unrealistic. I haven't found a single site yet which is
> mirroring the respun images.
>
> Do you have any suggestions?
>
> Rahul

Of course, leave things as they are: create install media for all spins and let them mirror by the usual suspects! As I stated in my initial posting, even including "Extras", the global size of the distribution is going to grow not more than a factor of 2, and the creation of particular install classes with specially tailored and reduced media size leads me to the conclusion that (per user) download volumes are even likely to decrease.
Again, "Bittorrent" is blocked in many academic and corporate environments, but if somebody comes up with an alternative tool I will be the first to use it.