Creating a jackuser group

Davide Bolcioni dblistsub-fedora at yahoo.it
Thu Feb 15 21:18:20 UTC 2007

On Thursday 15 February 2007 17:29:32 Anthony Green wrote:

> a) There was an objection to using groups to manage RT privs.
>
> As Callum mentions above, I think we need to be careful about handing
> out RT privs.  Not every user should have them.  Using groups to handle
> this is standard practice in the Linux audio community, and I believe
> it's the kind of thing that groups are intended to manage.

Well, if I understand this correctly, could the above be obtained using
consolehelper(8) and creating /etc/pam.d/qjackctl, which would have

  session required pam_limits.so conf=/etc/security/qjackctl.conf

where qjackctl.conf would have

  * - memlock 131072
  * . rtprio <don't know what to put here>

or am I missing something ? No groups to create, and files which RPM can add
in directories which are likely to just be there.

Just my $0.02,
Davide Bolcioni
--
There is no place like /home.