Fedora 7 media sets

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Sat Feb 17 07:44:15 UTC 2007

On Feb 16, 2007, "Joachim Frieben" <jfrieben at gmx.de> wrote:

>> Trust me, "everything" install media as you described will exist for
>> F7. Maybe it'll just be a 20G bluray iso since nobody cares enough to
>> do the whole disc-split-pkgorder stuff, but it'll be there.  (wearing
>> only my non-corporate-sponsored bad-track-history prognostication hat).

> Yes, but the question is wether it will be only accessible by
> "Bittorrent" or not as expressed earlier in this thread.

Since individual packages will be available for http, I guess we could
at least make jigdo files for the iso images available over http as
well.

Then mirrors won't be burdened in space by a multitude of content
duplication across even multiple sets packaged as installable media,
but people will still be able to obtain such media.  Although it will
burden mirrors with multiple rpm requests.  I'm not sure which would
they'd prefer...