Problem running SWT apps on Sun JVM on Fedora 7?

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Sun Feb 18 02:47:44 UTC 2007

Adding Ben Konrath to thread

* Michel Salim <michel.salim at gmail.com> [2007-02-17 11:14]:
> 2007/2/16, Andrew Overholt <overholt at redhat.com>:
> >* Michel Salim <michel.salim at gmail.com> [2007-02-12 17:09]:
> >> I *did* try running Fedora Eclipse against Sun Java (by mistake; the
> >> path to the JVM got added in front of /usr/bin when I reorganized my
> >> login scripts) and it did produce the same error.
> >
> >Can you file a bug about this?  I've done this myself and had no issues.
> >While we can't support running with the proprietary JVMs, i'm interested
> >to see what the issue is.
> >
> Certainly! The reason I posted here first, though, is ... which
> component do I file this against?

eclipse.  Bug components are created by SRPM and libswt3-gtk2 is a
sub-package of the eclipse SRPM.

Please provide details of how your ran Eclipse and the output of:

which java
which javac
readlink -f `which java`
readlink -f `which javac`
rpm -qa --queryformat "%{name}-%{version}-%{release}.%{arch}\n" | egrep \
  "eclipse|swt|^java-1|gcj"

It for sure doesn't work with eclipse -vm <path to jvm>/bin/java ?  And
it *does* work with libgcj?

Ben:  can you think of anything I'm missing here?

Thanks,

Andrew