Detecting version in a SPEC file

Lamont Peterson lamont at gurulabs.com
Mon Feb 19 02:48:17 UTC 2007

All,

I'm refactoring a package (perl module) that needs to build on CentOS4/RHEL4
and FC6/RHEL5.  This package depends on GnuPG, whose version changed from
FC3 -> FC6.  The change from gpg 1.2 to gpg 1.4 actually means that the tests
(%check) will fail unless I use a different set of test results for the two
versions.

I would like to test (in a %if %endif block) which version of GnuPG is
installed on the system.  I could run an "rpm --queryformat" command to get
the version, but I was hoping that there is a better way, since rpmbuild
already can check versions of installed packages for BuildRequires.
--
Lamont Peterson <lamont at gurulabs.com>
Senior Instructor

NOTE:  All messages from this email address should be digitally signed with my
       0xDC0DD409 GPG key. It is available on the pgp.mit.edu keyserver as
       well as other keyservers that sync with MIT's.