Fedora power management

Jay Cliburn jacliburn at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 19 03:30:51 UTC 2007

I'm trying to hack/test a network driver's ability to suspend, resume,
and wake-on-lan (while suspended).  This is on a rawhide x86_64 desktop
system.  Is the Fedora pm-stuff documented anywhere?  I can't seem to
find anything on the wiki, and the only related manpage is for pm-pmu.

FWIW, suspend didn't seem to work, but hibernate did (aside from a
bunch of lockdep warnings).  As near as I can tell though, my network
module is unloaded instead of suspended because I think it gets swept
up in the modunload() function of /etc/pm/functions.

It'd help if I could find some documentation on Fedora power
management, to try and get an understanding of how it's all supposed
to work. Any ideas where I can find some docs?

Jay