Archives of Fedora IRC channels

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Tue Feb 20 02:26:24 UTC 2007

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> I did explain that in the original mail. For contributors and users to
> look back at what discussions happened in any Fedora channel at any
> time. Meetings planned or adhoc. Questions that were answered before
> etc.

I wonder how useful something like that would end up being, just as a
bunch of raw data.  At least the mailman archives are pretty easy to
navigate.  Piles of IRC logs... shudder.

Without some way of organizing the information in the logs, it kind of
seems like a waste of time, no?  And wouldn't the time spent organizing
(or writing a program to organize) that info be better spent elsewhere in
Fedora?

My .02

--Max

--