Goodbye, Fedora (Limiting -devel to maintainers/contributers/etc?)

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed Feb 21 15:06:07 UTC 2007

Gilboa Davara wrote:

>> Restricting access to the mailing list would, IMO, just paint a picture of
>> Fedora developers as elitists -- and I don't think that's what you're hoping
>> to achieve.

> I'm not saying that -devel should be limited to RH/FC/Extras members
> -only-, I am saying that something must be done to improve the
> signal-to-noise ratio.

Is that really true about the ratio?  This ESR "from Hell's heart I stab
at thee" stuff is going to stay in its own thread.  You can score the
thread to nothing, but really since it does exist and involves Fedora
maybe it should get read.

This "core/moderator only" and "I mustn't be recorded" stuff going on is
a pattern I have seen elsewhere.  I hope others have seen where it leads
too and maybe have some caution about it :-(  A good idea is a good idea
even if it came from the keyboard of a non-anointed person...

-Andy