Goodbye, Fedora

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Wed Feb 21 19:59:19 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org>:
> Perhaps but a proper bug report on the conflict and RFE's on whatever
> suggestions you had on improving it would have been better. We cant
> verify or deny your problem now.

I would have been happy to give you a detailed bug report -- if my system
had remained *usable*.  As it is, I was too busy trying to figure out a way
not to lose all of my personal files in the reinstall.

> >The wiki page does nothing to disabuse me of this expectation by using
> >terms like "brainwashing".  The contempt for mere users this exhibits is
> >very revealing, and is a significant part of the reason I've decamped.
>
> You just lose your sense of humor there.

Oh, yes, it's very funny that Greg deKoenigsberg -- who is supposed to be
some kind of responsible adult supervision -- implies that anybody who
wants to watch YouTube or listen to a podcast is a glassy-eyed zombie.
Ha ha.  See me laugh.  Yes, that is *exactly* the kind of attitude that
will get us above 4% market share.  Not.