Archives of Fedora IRC channels

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 21:16:34 UTC 2007

On 2/20/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> It's just a matter of running a bot (which already exists) on all the
> channels. I guess it wouldnt take more than an hour to setup for someone
> more familiar with it.

In general, I think most of the discussions on most of the channels
aren't worth the diskspace to log or the cpu cycles to grep. If you
log indescrimately, you're gonna catch a heck of a lot of noise. A
signal to noise ratio worthy of Google's best search agorithm gurus.

That being said, I've found the availability of the irclogs in the
wiki from pre-annouced/agenda'd meetings as a useful resource, In the
same way I find audio/video recording archives of real-life public
town meetings to be useful. And of course I mean ogg vorbis and ogg
theora archives of public town meetings.

-jef"Hmm what would the Fedora version of C-SPAN be called.... F-AN...
Fedora Affairs Network?"spaleta