Experimental KDE 3.80.3 specfiles

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Feb 22 22:51:32 UTC 2007

Another interesting issue: The Qt Designer 4 plugin for the KDE 4 widgets
doesn't work. I tried to copy or
symlink /opt/kde4/lib/kde4/plugins/designer/kdewidgets.so
into /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/designer, but this doesn't seem to work. A symlink
apparently gets ignored completely; with a copy, I get:
 - pluginName='/usr/lib/qt4/plugins/designer/kdewidgets.so'
 - error='QLibrary::resolve_sys: Symbol "qt_plugin_instance" undefined
in /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/designer/kdewidgets.so
(/usr/lib/qt4/plugins/designer/kdewidgets.so: undefined symbol:
qt_plugin_instance)'

I tried to troubleshoot this, but didn't find anything yet, I'll probably have
to ask the upstream KDE folks for help.

        Kevin Kofler