Slightly OT: bad rap for Fedora, and realistic effects

Mike Kearey mkearey at redhat.com
Sat Feb 24 00:14:36 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt wrote:
<snip>

I just want to address the myth that there is a boatload of 'internal'
discussion on Fedora. I work for Red Hat. I am privy to all the internal
email lists. I use Fedora as a desktop at work and at home. I
participate as much as I am able in the Fedora Community, and lurk
mostly on the Fedora mailing lists. I am not a developer.

I can tell you with clarity, confidence and complete honesty - THERE IS
NO SECRET COBALE within Red Hat that discusses or steers the Fedora
project. It is a Community Project.

The only discussions I see internally about Fedora are 'How can we make
it better, how can we be more open, and how do we make our ( Red Hat )
contributions to the Fedora Project better'.

I get the feeling you have managed to convince yourself that there is
some malevolent influence at work in Fedora, and we may never convince
you otherwise... But we can try.

Cheers,
Michael