2. Questions??

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Feb 26 13:41:29 UTC 2007

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
> It's good that work is being done to easy/automate creation of spin.
> Yet doesn't justify releasing an ISO that build against wrong
> kernel-arch ( I586 )
> and not fixing it. QA?

The tools to do respins help when we invariably run into bugs that needs
to be fixed or when folks want to redistribute Fedora with the updates
included. The existence of bugs only justifies the need for more QA and
a community effort would require that you contribute back by helping to
fix the bugs by participating in such efforts. It is a collective
responsibility. Join the QA team, report bugs, help triage bugs etc.

> Correct me if I'm wrong but would it be enought to simple change the
> "default" kernel architecture line
> in the installation process to I686 and rebuild the image..

A updated ISO was indeed released anyway.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs/FC6Common
.
> Be it as it may you still have to download the ISO in the first place so
> it doesnt matter if you download a re-spin or not
> which *smashed* the bugs that "slipped through" in the initial release....

That's only true if it is a installer issue. Otherwise the updates do
fix the problem in the initial release.

> More options means more complication which means more things can go wrong.

It depends on how you expose the options. If you are willing to do the
respins as part of Fedora, you are most welcome to do so.

Rahul