F7 Release Discussion (was Re: Slightly OT: bad rap for Fedora, and realistic effects)

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Mon Feb 26 21:52:25 UTC 2007

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:29:10 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> > > ok. So, who should handle those things? FESCo?
> > > No one?
> >
> > Quite obviously, those are not the only two options. And hence the
> > answer to the latter two questions is "no".
>
> Perhaps I wasn't being clear...
>
> What are your thoughts/opinions on how this should work?
> I would love to hear your input.

Do you disagree? Do you think that if somebody leaves the project, the
sponsor is responsible for the orphaned packages?

> > > Also, it doesn't look like the broken EVR report mails anyone, just
> > > goes to the list. Could you change it to mail owners? I think some
> > > people might be missing the problem.
> >
> > The code that would do that [without creating too much spam] is
> > missing.
>
> ok. Fair enough I will bug maintainers directly about it.
> Is there any easy way to run that script locally for me to see what
> current EVR issues are? (Hopefully using the needsign repo so I can not
> worry about packages that will be pushed after the freeze is over).

These tools are in "fedora" cvs. Sometimes the scripts are tweaked for the
buildsys installation environment and may need a few modifications if used
elsewhere. The upgradecheck.py script simply takes an external config file
with definitions of SRPMS repos. Whether it would work to include the
needsign repo, I don't know, because the needsign repo is a multi-arch
repo -- all archs including SRPMS in a single repo. :)