Halfway populated mirrors, broken package lists?

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Wed Feb 28 17:08:12 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 14:03 -0300, Horst H. von Brand wrote:
> When trying to update today (rawhide on i686) yum got kernel-devel, but
> no other kernel-* package, emacs-common is there but yum doesn't know
> about it, and others (yes, they are at download.redhat.com, and I'm
> getting it from there via "rpm -ihv http://..." right now). There are
> lots of -devel packages missing. Was createrepo run halfway through the
> updating of the site perhaps?

Yeah, there's currently some metadata badness on i386 (x86_64 seems to
be OK, haven't checked ppc.)

Jesse's working on rebuilding the metadata and such for rawhide right
now. I'm not sure how long it will take to make it to the mirrors, but A
Fix Is On The Way.

See also: http://bugzilla.redhat.com/230365

-w