whatever happened to the Alt+F2 installer shell?

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Thu Jan 4 10:25:43 UTC 2007

Hi...

I'm having some problems installing using current rawhide boot.iso under
VMware. It *seems like* there could be a regression in the pcnet32
driver or something, because it looks like the NIC is found but the
network is down. However I cannot really look into the problem, because
the Alt+F2 shell, that I would normally consult first to figure out what
is going on, is blank/empty.
Is this on purpose? I tried to search through this list, but cannot find
anything.

Anyone?

/Thomas