Fedora 7

Thomas Canniot thomas.canniot at laposte.net
Fri Jan 5 10:21:13 UTC 2007

Le vendredi 05 janvier 2007 à 02:45 +0530, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :
> Vnpenguin wrote:
>
> >> - Add the nouveau drivers for nVidia cards
> >
> > "nouveau" ? :-)
>
> I am not sure whether that was a serious question or a joke I didnt
> understand. If its a serious question OP did refer to
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/7/Features which has the details.
> If it's a joke I would be curious to know what it is.
>
> Rahul

I think it can be a pun... As "nouveau" means "new" in French, I first
understood it as : "Add the new drivers for nVidia cards".

The term nouveau here refers to the name of the new nVidia driver, which
is a new technology. I think finding a word of French origin was seen
odd from Vnpenguin and that he thought it was a mistake in the writing.

"Add the new nouveau drivers for nVidia cards"

... is gorgeous to read :p

--
Thomas Canniot
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ThomasCanniot