Fedora Core 7 - Compiz vs Beryl

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Sat Jan 6 06:18:09 UTC 2007

lør, 06 01 2007 kl. 01:03 -0500, skrev Miles Lane:
> GConf editor is not a desktop user's configuration system.  I'll
> consider using Compiz when there is a graphic config system.  Does
> anyone know whether someone is developing a Compiz configuration
> manager for KDE, or is Compiz considered to be solely targeted to the
> Gnome environment?

a) Nothing GNOME specific about GConf

b) Desktop effects provides a nice simple interface for more complicated
needs there's the compiz configurator or indeed for those of us who like
that kind of thing there's direct interaction with GConf via CLI or the
gconf-editor.

c) Developers of other DEs can use DBus to configure Compiz so to allow
for the right amount of options in the right places. Poke your DE
developers till code falls out or write it yourself if such code does
not exist. You can't expect upstream to provide anything more than the
tools to write them and a proof of concept.

- David

--
"Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligible
propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them.”