Fedora 7

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jan 6 17:49:35 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:

> You're still thinking in Fedora we want to alter the upstream to make it look
> like Gnome, or vice versa.  When in reality, they should look like upstream.

Since we are talking about the menu, let me note that KDE does provide
multiple choices and one of them is a good fit to make it match what you
want from it. Picking a good defaults (which doesnt require intrusive
patches) that integrates well within Fedora is our job. We cant punt
that upstream.

> We put a lot of effort into getting the upstream gnome to work the way we
> think it should, whereas KDE we don't have that kind of presence.  We
> shouldn't be stomping on their software in our distribution, it should stick
> to upstream.  That's WHY there is choice, as the KDE upstream doesn't
> necessarily agree with the GNOME upstream on how things should be done.

Agreed. It does happen on many occasions.

Rahul