Fedora Server Spin

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Jan 12 22:12:03 UTC 2007

On Friday 12 January 2007 16:30, Jesse Keating wrote:
> Then we get into the realm of a Desktop spin with Server stuff added.  Not
> a Server spin.  If that's what "we" want out of a Server spin, so be it, I
> wouldn't want to call it a "Server" spin.  We'd be somewhere close to Core
> again.

I take this back, rather reactionary.  Of course it's not Desktop + Server
stuff, we'd not have a lot of the Desktop stuff in there.  X, minimal Gnome
desktop, system-config-*, and translations/fonts for languages/locals.  Could
still be significantly smaller than the Desktop spin.  I'd certainly be
interested in seeing what a compose based on a comps like this would look
like.

I still don't think a desktop should be default, is there a way to make that
happen should you pick a specific language?

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora