ensure upgrade paths through fedora to RHEL?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Wed Jan 17 15:08:25 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 15:59 +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As a substitute or a complement to something similar with fedora
> legacy, it has more or less been suggested to allow for an upgrade path
> to RHEL. Should we set this as an objective for fedora? It could

IMO, NO.  We have no control over RHEL, it's packaging, or it's upgrade
policies.

I asked today if you could upgrade from RHEL4 to RHEL5 and was told "not
officially".¹  So if RHEL can't even officially support upgrading from
previous versions of itself, there's no way Red Hat will support
upgrading from Fedora.

josh

¹ I was informed of this in #rhel today.  The Red Hat folks might have
conflicting info, but I doubt it.