Want to help QA the Test1 release?

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Fri Jan 26 16:03:56 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 16:50 +0100, Ola Thoresen wrote:
> Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Friday 26 January 2007 09:15, Mike Chambers wrote:
> >> I had been having problems trying to do a rawhide install via NFS,
> >> although it was against the rawhide tree, not against an ISO (yes was
> >> using boot.iso).  Is this allowed still or do you have to do it against
> >> an ISO image unless it's via ftp/http?  Actually I had problems doing it
> >> against ftp/http as well (as in, "can't be mounted from the server").
> >> Although I could download all the FC6 ISO's to the same mounted dir
> >> (diff sub dir) and install from them.  So I am confused on what used to
> >> work, doesn't now?
> >
> > I'm not ruling out NFS issues in the kernel preventing NFS installs, I don't
> > recall having tried that much recently, but I will try today.  We haven't
> > changed what we "support" in that aspect, it would be something lower level
> > breaking.
> >

> I have had some problems with NFS lately.
> Have not had the time to debug it properly, so I have no bugzilla entry.
> Seems like a locking problem, so I changed my fstab to mount the
> NFS-shares "nolock", and that seemed to fix the problem.
>
> This is 2 rawhide clients (both x86_64 and i386) mounting an Fedora 5
> server.
> It started about one week ago, but I don't update and reboot the
> rawhide-clients daily, so it might have been a few more days since the
> updated that actually caused it.

Well, as far as mounting nfs partitions, that is no problem.  I run one
PIV system as rawhide client, that mounts 2 NFS dir's from an FC6
server.  That is fine, and even installing from FC6 iso's (via nfs) on
that same dir is fine.  But I mirror rawhide (from a mirror) and when
trying to do an install against the nfs rawhide tree (not iso's), it
doesn't work.

I guess maybe the question should be is the tree installable, or do you
have to currently use iso's for some reason.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Sex is like air, it's not important unless your not getting any!"