OpenSceneGraph

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sun Jul 1 11:59:10 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-01 at 11:25 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > The background behind all this:
> >
> > Do people consider it worth to have OSG-1 and OSG-2 packages in
> > parallel?
> >

> Note I'm not an OSG user, but judging from this thread, yes that sounds like
> the best solution.
It's an option I've been considering. Unfortunately OSG upstream has
committed a couple of decisions which render parallel installation
complicated (e.g. they dropped pkgconfig support :( )

> > The run-time environments/packages could rather easily be made
> > installable in parallel (e.g. by introducing a set of OSG-2 packages),
> > but implementing this for the devel packages would be non-trivial.
>
> If it really is a lot of pain to make them parallel installable,
The devel libs conflict, so the only option I see is installing OSG-2's
devel libs into a %{_libdir}/osg-2.0 subdir.

>  why not make
> the -devel packages conflict each other?
That's one option.

>  Its not pretty but developers should
> be able to cope with that, and normal users don't need these packages.
This would be fine with me.

Trying to gain clarity on other people's opinions had been the reason
for why I am asking ;)

I had hopedn, people were answering "nobody cares about OSG-1, go ahead
and dump OSG-1" ...

Ralf