FESCo Meeting Summary for 2007-06-28

Brian Pepple bpepple at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jul 1 16:04:34 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-01 at 17:47 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 11:21:38AM -0400, Brian Pepple wrote:
> >
> > I was tentatively planning on having FESCo decide this around the end of
> > July / beginning of August, since we need still need input from the tool
> > team as to whether the tool-chain warrants a mass-rebuild for F8.
>
> But one of the questions is whether mass rebuilds need to be done
> irrespective of that input. Not that the team is not compentent, but
> we had the same input for F7 and found it not proper at several
> instances already and bridge-utils is still compiled against 2.6.18
> headers (just an example).
>
> So the top question is: Always have mass rebuilds, no matter what, or
> delegate this decision to a releng/tools team?

That question is actually the item I have on the schedule to discuss
(which like said I was planning on doing around the end of July).

It's the first item in the priority 2 section:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Development/Schedule

Later,
/B
--
Brian Pepple <bpepple at fedoraproject.org>

BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B  CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E