Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 07:56:49 UTC 2007

On 7/2/07, Naheem Zaffar <naheemzaffar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 02/07/07, Ian Chapman <packages at amiga-hardware.com> wrote:
> > Valent Turkovic wrote:
> > >
> > > * NTFS support during installation
> > > there should be NTFS support built in to anaconda so that ntfs
> > > partitions are automatically recognized and added to /etc/fstab
> >
> > Providing that was optional, ie they should only go into the fstab if
> > the user wants them there.
> >
> In other words, just include ntfs-config in the dafault install?

It needs to be in anaconda. If anaconda runs ntfs-config or does it
it's own way I as a user don't care. To be clear I don't have any NTFS
partitions on my system but I saw this as a mayor showstopper for
users with windows partition trying this great new thing called fedora
linux.
Users new to linux and fedora install it and can't access their data
(on NTFS partitions). They don't know why it doesn't work and why is
their partition grayed out during the install. This should JustWork
out of the box. They don't know about ntfs-3g and ntfs-config and if
you tell them to open a "dos window" and type some commands to it they
will probably run away from fedora desktop screaming :)

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241