Is ext2 initrd support missing in F7 kernel?

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 15:35:49 UTC 2007

This is probably mostly geared towards Dave, but has ext2 initrd support
been removed from the Fedora 7 kernel (or the kernel in general)?  With
FC6, I used a modified version of the updateDiskless script that came
with system-config-netboot to build an initrd for use by netboot
computers.

Since updating the system to F7, I'm getting "No filesystem could mount
root, tried: iso9660" as it tries to load the initrd where the initrd is
in ext2 format.  I know that earlier when there were some other
blocksize errors in FC6, the error would be "No filesystem could mount
root, tried: ext2, iso9660", which is why I'm assuming ext2 support has
been removed.  Any suggestions?

Jonathan