Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 10:13:47 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 10:52 +0200, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> The Firefox icon in the menu launches firefox.
>
> The Web browser icon in the gnome panel lauches htmlview which in turn
> launches whatever your favourite web browser is (the default is
> firefox
> but that's easily changed) so I'm not sure changing the icon is
> justified.
>
> Emmanuel

I understand you and see your logic, but can you also see how this
confuses users?  I believe that when default browsing app changes so
should the icon.

Starting a default browser app is like a roulet - you see an icon but
you place bets before clicking it and then see what app starts after you
click it. It should be unambiguous which apps starts from just looking
at the icon. If it is firefox it should be firefox icon, if it is other
some other browser that the icon should be also changer to it's default
icon.