a legal way to include 3rd party repositories in fedora?

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Wed Jul 4 17:23:17 UTC 2007

Valent Turkovic wrote:

> Are your hands completely tied?
>
> I live and work by the moto "Where there is will there is a way."
> Meaning that when you want to do something you find a way to do so.

The thing is, that the purpose of the Fedora distribution is to be as
clean as possible, when it comes to things like this. Even if means that
a few things won't "work" straight out of the box, it's better than
"contaminating" the distribution with potentially problematic stuff.

So in most cases (if not all), you'll find that these things are
excluded on purpose and cannot be included without violating the Fedora
policy. I, for one, applaud the exclusion of these things.

/Thomas