a legal way to include 3rd party repositories in fedora?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 4 23:06:46 UTC 2007

Thufir wrote:

> However, the question is:  can't it be made easier to add those
> potentially contaminated third party repos?  Is this a legal issue or a
> policy?

If you mean by easier, a direct reference to a third party repository,
then it both a potential legal issue and a matter of policy. I would
suggest that folks curious about all these refer to list archives
because we have gone through this dozens of times before.

There has been some things that we are pursuing to look at what we could
potentially change from time to time though but this is a pretty
complicated issue that involves a nice mix of Fedora policies that are
in favor of Free and open source software and potential issues with
copyright and patent laws.

Rahul